Smart Image Tooltip is easy to use and setup plugin that can display images as tooltips for thumbnails or normal links. The plugin requires a proper structure for the HTML used, and it supports adding all possible additional data that can be displayed inside the tooltip.
Tooltip can be styled using CSS and supports template for rendering. The plug-in supports mobile / touch-based devices to open tooltip on hover or click depending on device or plugin settings. There are many other plug-in options available.
The plugin must be applied to one or more links or any other element (link to thumbnail image). Tooltip / preview will be populated by different data generated from target elements.
Included screen templates
- Basics: Displays only an image without additional styling
- Simple: Picture with simple and clean dark edge
- Caption: Image and caption below
- Envato: Image with additional information corresponding to Envato product tooltip
- Read the image before showing tooltip
- Customizable preinstallation animation and reposition tooltip
- Different demos and examples to show how the menu can be set
- Full source files for both CSS and jQuery
- Minimized CSS and JS files
Version 1.4 / 2014.06.06.
- Modified: some minor code refactoring
- Fixed: Some variables are not initialized
Version 1.3 / 2013.10.09.
- Added: onShow and onHide events
- Modified: several small improvements