JackBox – A Responsive Lightbox with real social sharing
JackBox was built with 2 goals in mind:
- Create a lightbox that worked on mobile devices, even smartphones. JackBox is "responsive", which means it's 100% compatible with responsive websites.
- Create a lightbox where each image, video and song can be shared individually. This means that when someone "likes" one of your photos when a friend clicks on the shared link, they immediately show the exact image that was originally shared.
- Responsive / Mobile Ready
- Retina Clear Graphics
- Share any topic via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+
- Deep-linking, each item has its own unique link
- Touch Drive for mobile devices
- Genuine fullscreen for Firefox and Chrome
- Group all items together and create product categories
- Youtube Video m / Mobile Fallback
- Vimeo Video w / Mobile Fallback
- Automatic Youtube and Vimeo thumbnail loading
- HTML5 Video w / Flash backup
- HTML5 Audio w / Flash backup
- Flash Video w / Mobile Backup
- Load HTML Divs, iFrames, and Google Maps
- A boatload of Custom Thumbnail Hovers and Tooltips
- CSS3 Preloader for smoother animation
- Optional thumbnails in Gallery mode
- Options to set the lightbox's thumbnail width and height
- Optional title titles and descriptions
- Possibility to display description info by default
- Possibility to start thumbnails hidden
- Ability to automatically play all videos either globally or individually
- Ability to zoom smaller images automatically either globally or individually
- Ability to preload graphics for a more smooth lightbox experience
JackBox makes thumbnails easy
- Firstly, you have the option to load a certain thumbnail of your choice.
- If nobody is selected and the lightbox element is a clickable thumbnail to begin with, JackBox will grab and resize this thumbnail instead.
- If these options are not available, JackBox tries to grab the large version of the lightbox image and resize it.
- And as a last resort, JackBox will only use a standard thumbnail of your choice.
- Images, video and audio shown in the preview are not included in the download source and are for demonstration only.
- Note that more of JackBoxFX are black and white to color transitions.
- Autoplay for video and audio is not available on mobile due to device limitations.
- Mobile touch swipe functionality is only available for images.
- Fullscreen mode is not available for IE, Opera or Safari.
- On mobile devices, the page behind the lightbox will scroll to the top.
- iframe scrolling is not supported on mobile devices
- Your server must support php so the social button function works properly.
- When you share via Facebook, only the link to the listening box will be sent. Any images and titles that are being sent will be explicitly chosen by Facebook.
- The Facebook "as" button is built to be a "similar / odd" button. The traditional Facebook comment box is not supported.
- The graphics and icons are retina clear, photographs are not.
- There is no support for older versions of jQuery, and there is no guarantee that this item will work in older versions of jQuery.
- The WordPress version of this plugin can be purchased here.
- Experience with editing raw HTML
If you use a WYSIWYG editor to build your websites, JackBox is not for you
- A solid understanding of how a website directory hierarchy works.
- Experience with an FTP program like Filezilla or CyberDuck
PREVIEW IMAGE SOCIAL BUTTONS